Australia always remains in news being an advanced and imperative nation of the world. However, in last few months it has been in news due to its changing immigration trends and immigration rules. Any change in Australia’s immigration rules or policy, often have huge impact on millions of people in the world as it’s the most desired immigration destination.
Key immigration rule changes in Australia
A few key immigration rule changes have been implemented in Australia effective November, 2016. Here is the key immigration rule changes implemented.
- Reduction of extended stay period for Subclass 457 visa holders
The extended stay period for those 457 visa holders, whose sponsored employment contract is over, has been reduced to 60 days. Earlier, Temporary Work subclass 457 visa holders were allowed to stay till 90 days in Australia, after their employment contract is over.
- Amendment in the Temporary Activity Visa framework
The temporary work visa framework of Australia has been amended to make the process smooth and hassle free. The key changes include the elimination of certain nomination and sponsorship requirement, merging of few visa subclasses, lodging the online application, and formation of new combined sponsor category.
- New Temporary Work Visas launched w.e.f. November 19, 2016
Here are the four new temporary Work Visas launched by the government w.e.f. November 19, 2016:
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
- Subclass 407 Training visa
- Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa.
- Restricting the number of individuals can be considered for dependent visa under ‘member of the family unit’
The individuals who belongs to below category cannot be considered under the ‘member of the family unit’ to grant the dependent visa, i.e.
- Family members outside of the nuclear family and
- Children and stepchildren over the age of 23
- The sponsors of a few family visas require completing a character assessment
On and after November 18, 2016, the sponsors of partner visa or prospective marriage visa, need to give relevant PCC (Police clearance certificate) to DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection) whenever demanded.
- New verification step to make certain that the visa holders’ information is true and up to date
A few visa holders will now need to pass a revalidation check, which will make certain that their details and information is true and up to date, and that such visa holders still fulfill the parameters of their visas and hence, they are no ways a threat or danger to Australia.
- Work and Holiday visa holders can now apply for new Work and Holiday visas in certain conditions
Work and Holiday subclass 462 visa holders who have commenced a specific work under 462 Visa in northern Australia, after November 18, for minimum 3 months or 88 days in the tourism or agriculture industries, can be entitled to apply for and acquire a 2nd Work and Holiday visa.
Visit the news and blog section on Visa Avenue website to get latest immigration news and information. If you seek inclusive assistance for the immigration process of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, USA, Germany, etc. countries, you may send your queries and details to the certified migration expert at Visas Avenue on email@example.com. Moreover, to speak to the expert directly, call at 011-48447777, 011-46194650 (Delhi), 040-42467777 (Hyderabad), or 080-46668222 (Bangalore).