This is the last chance to apply under FSW as this program will get disconnected from 1st Jan 2015. The latest announcement by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) about the new Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program for professors, lecturers, educators and assistants emerged with a keen interest in immigrating to Canada.
As of May 1, 2014 the new Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program Eligible Occupation stream will be open to applicants from 50 different occupations. For the first time since 2008, teaching related occupations appear on the FSW eligible occupation list. Its University professors and lecturers (National Occupation Classification 4011)
The FSW program is an extremely popular program that allows skilled workers to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) and migrate. The FSW program does not ask applicants to have a Canadian job proposals or a relevant relative in Canada. A Canadian Permanent Resident Visa allows someone to live and work anywhere in Canada.
Points are awarded for age, education, work experience, language proficiency and education. Along with required satisfying points and language requirements, applicants under the FSW Eligible Occupation Stream must have work experience in one of the eligible occupations.
- Qualify for NOC code 4011 University Professors, need to be a PhD in your field of specialization
- Have a post graduation in the desired area of subject.
- The regulated zones like medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology, law, etc. ask to obtain necessary approvals.
Few expected titles
- English professor,
- French language professor,
- Associate professor, linguistics,
- Computer science professor,
- Department head, geography,
- Professor of medicine,
- University instructor, engineering.
Once the Permanent Residency is obtained one can migrate to Canada under the code 4011, are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Teach one or more subjects to graduate students,
- Deliver lectures to students and carry out laboratory sessions,
- Give advice to students on course and career decisions,
- Direct research schemes of the graduate students and advise on the research issues,
- Represent their university as speakers or guest lecturers. Direct and grade examines and laboratory assignments.
If candidates are aspiring for the University Professors and Lecturers and are ready to re locate themselves to a promising destinations like Canada. Then it’s a golden opportunity to immigrate to this new country. CIC has opened a limited time Federal Skilled Worker Program 2014 with a restricted number of slots for NOC code 4011. The people qualifying for this trade code must complete all the requirements asked by the ruling laws of department.